MyOpenID delegation stopped working

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Thu Mar 29 01:25:10 UTC 2012

Sorry for the crossposting. I am quite desperate :(.

I haven't found a MyOpenID help email to address this.

I have been using OpenID for ages, delegating from my own domain,
http://www.jcea.es/, to MyOpenID.

This delegation stopped working like two weeks ago, with the following
error message (when redirected to MyOpenID to verify my OpenID, for
example trying to login to StackOverflow):

(the page title is "Bad Request")

"""
If you use OpenID delegation, please make sure your delegation
information is set to <a
href="https://www.myopenid.com/help#own_domain">these values</a>.
"""

The <link> headers in http://www.jcea.es/ seem OK:

"""
<link rel="openid.server" href="http://www.myopenid.com/server" />
   <!-- For delegating OpenID v1.x-->
<link rel="openid.delegate" href="http://jcea.myopenid.com/" />
<!-- For delegating OpenID v1.x-->
<link rel="openid2.local_id" href="http://jcea.myopenid.com" />
<link rel="openid2.provider" href="http://www.myopenid.com/server" />
content="http://www.myopenid.com/xrds?username=jcea.myopenid.com" />
      <!-- For delegating OpenID v2.x-->
"""

This seems correct and consistent with MyOpenID instructions.

This setup have been working for years. What is going on?

Can you help me?. I would rather avoid to deploy my own OpenID server.
If this is a MyOpenID problem, could you possibly suggest any other
OpenID provider not linked to a facebook/twitter/wordpress/google/etc
username?.

Thanks in advance.

- --
Jesus Cea Avion                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/
jabber / xmpp:jcea at jabber.org         _/_/    _/_/          _/_/_/_/_/