openid.ui.mode for embedded devices

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Feb 11 01:10:44 UTC 2010

Hi Hitoshi,

Yes, the idea behind the openid.ui.mode parameter was to define a way for
the RP to request that the OP alternate user interfaces than the default.

The only mode that we've defined so far is the popup mode, and it's been
implemented by Yahoo/Google/AOL/MySpace.

We definitely are interested in defining modes for clients other than
desktop web browsers, especially for mobile devices, set-top boxes
(Playstation/X-box/DVD Players), and other embedded devices.

Is that what you had in mind?

At least with regards to mobile devices, it turns out that the 500x500 popup
mode seems to work very well for iPhones and similar mobile clients.

Thanks
Allen