Popup flow

jDavid jdavid.net at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:07:11 UTC 2009

Blog about it, yes,

MySpaceID has been using pop up login flow for months.

MySpaceID does show a logo of the RP, but that comes from the DB of
registered apps, rather than from the popup data flow.

Yahoo, if you need any help, let me know I did the popup flow for
MySpace and was laid off in the huge layoffs.  Right now I am
consulting, and plotting and planing my next gig.  I will be in the SF
area next week.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Allen Tom <atom at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Yes, we should restructure the UI Extension a bit. As you've probably
> suspected, it started off narrowly defined as the "Popup Extension" and then
> we realized that there's a general class of User Interface issues that need
> to be resolved. It is *very* difficult to setup an OpenID working group, so
> rather than incurring the overhead of spinning up another WG for Mobile, and
> yet another for Language Pref, we wanted to just have a single WG to tackle
> User Interface issues.
>
> The UI Extension is intended to be modular and extensible, making it
> possible to add new UI modes in the future.
>
> Thanks
> Allen
>

> Steven Livingstone-Perez wrote:
>
> Perhaps an obvious one, but separate from the popup experience the lang-pref
> and perhaps other parts could be really useful in mobile experiences.
>
> I only say as the document currently reads (from the overview etc) that it
> is directed toward the popup experience whereas i can see this as being
> particularly uses extension consisting of separate modules that can be put
> together no matter how you intend the experience to be... an OpenID UX
> cookbook so to speak.
>
> For example, perhaps a "Usability" namespace could be used (and perhaps
> extended) to support users with disabilities of some kind.
>
> steven
> http://livz.org

Justin Kruger -- Sr. Social Media Software Engineer -

http://jDavid.net
http://twitter.com/jdavid

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdavid

jDavid.net at gmail.com

Anton Freeman: Vincent! How are you doing this Vincent? How have you
done any of this? We have to go back.
Vincent: It's too late for that. We're closer to the other side.
Anton Freeman: What other side? You wanna drown us both?
Vincent: You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton. I
never saved anything for the swim back.