Amazon PayPhrase

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:27:04 UTC 2009

Yes, but now yer gettin' all technical'n'stuff.

For most people, "sign in" probably means email + password. This is a
*PayPhrase + PIN*. TOTALLY different!

Or so the marketing dept says.

That said, one difference, as Brian pointed out, are the restrictions
you can place on different PayPhrases. The pattern is the same if
course: PayPhrase == username, PIN == shared secret.

However, in practice this is a bit more like OAuth with reshareable tokens.

Chris