micro Identities?

jDavid jdavid.net at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:18:12 UTC 2009

I have just started thinking about what a micro identity tag might be
like in the wild, which may or may not be the same as an hCard, but i
thought i would start the debate.

at twitter, its @username, and that essentially boils down to a link,
but in reality we probably want to display a context menu for every
@username that provides a list of identities on the web.

The providing app, would manage which identities to present based on a
combination of the admins and the users preferences, but the thought
is that if this is done in a consistent way, both browser plug-ins and
java script libraries could enhance the page on the fly.

Paid users for sites might get richer semantic content via sites like
Contenture.

 <a class='nick url' href='http://prefered.com/userid">nickname</a>
 <ul class='hID'>
    <li class='openid'><a class='nick url'
href='http://openidprovider.com/userid">openid vanity</a></li>
    <li class='twitter'><a class='nick url'
href='http://twitter.com/twitterID">TwitterID</a></li>
    <li class='myspaceID'><a class='nick url'
href='http://myspace.com/myspace_vanity">myspace_vanity</a></li>
    <li class='aim'><a class="url"
href="aim:goim?screenname=ShoppingBuddy">AIM-ID</a></li>
    <li class='msnim'><a class="url"
href="msnim:chat?contact=joebob at hotmail.com">IM with
joebob at hotmail.com</a></li>
  </ul>

Justin Kruger -- Sr. Software Engineer - MySpace MDP
http://jDavid.net
jDavid.net at gmail.com

Anton Freeman: Vincent! How are you doing this Vincent? How have you
done any of this? We have to go back.
Vincent: It's too late for that. We're closer to the other side.
Anton Freeman: What other side? You wanna drown us both?
Vincent: You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton. I
never saved anything for the swim back.