new version of the Open Stack chart

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Sat May 2 18:42:08 UTC 2009

On 2/5/09 19:16, Marc Canter wrote:
> *http://blog.broadbandmechanics.com/2009/05/02/open-stack-v2/*
>
> [Source files attached]
>
> I'm working on draft 6 of my manifesto so I needed an updated version of
> teh Open Stack chart. This version started with me, Luke and McCrea in
> Vegas and went on from there.............
>
> it attempts to describe WHAT each layer of the stack is.  We've added
> Activity Streams and swapper XRD with OpenID for more technical correctness.
>
> And I've adhered to the look and feel standard established prior.

I guess I'm too perlist for this style of presentation. There's always
more than one way of doing it. Take the Applications block for example.
For apps that run on a phone, desktop or whatever, I don't see much to
recommend OpenSocial over http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/ ... the latter
has far more traction in the Mobile Web scene. But no reason to make
this an either/or choice, is there?

Dan