MySpace OpenID Popup spotted in the wild

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Mar 20 20:27:51 UTC 2009

Hi Max,

The MySpace OpenID popup is really nice, and the address bar is
displaying for me on Firefox. The Login with MySpaceID button is
probably the most attractive CTA that I've seen to date.

At the recent Facebook UX summit, there seemed to be agreement that the
best size for a popup was 450W by 500H. If OPs all used the same size
for their popups, the experience would be more consistent.

You may also want to consider having the RP dim the contents the main
browser window while the popup is active to encourage the user to focus
on the popup.

Another minor detail is that buttons and other clickable elements
usually use the hand cursor when the user mouses over them. The buttons
and links in the popup don't use the hand cursor.

One more thing, although the password submission is sent to
https://secure.myspace.com, the popup URL isn't https. It's also not
"www.myspace.com" which seems to conflict with the instructions on your
home page.

Overall, awesome stuff!