Google OpenID identifier changed

András Ottó aotto at supeco.eu
Mon Jul 20 13:36:04 UTC 2009

Hi everybody!

I'm a developer, and my company like to use the OpenID authentication for
the user login. (We're following the adveices of openid.net, and our system
worked correctly for last friday)
We recognize a problem, that Google changed the ClaimedID-s (or the
autenticathion's return urls). It means: All users indentifier changed. It
is a very serious problem, becouse we (following the openid.net advice) used
the return url (the user indentifier) as unique ID in our database. So the
login is not working now correctly.
Why happend this modification, and we have to count other modifications?
Currently, our system is not able to work correctly. Please help me with
your answers!

Best Regards,

Andrew Otto
Hungary