Account recovery

Sabari Devadoss sabari_d at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 23:38:26 UTC 2009

Yes, I should clarify my comment.  Our (Yahoo!) current test implementation of sreg actually passes the actual Yahoo! email address of the user.   The benefit of passing the Yahoo! email address associated with the Yahoo! OpenID identifier is that it alleviates the need by the RP to require an additional step for the verification of the email address which they receive as part of sreg.  Obviously this only works when the OP is also the actual email provider of the email being forwarded.  I understand that sreg doesn't specifically call out if the email address is verified or not and I agree that having a new attribute for verified email as part of A/X 2.0 is a great idea.

Regards,
Sabari