Account recovery

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 13:25:16 UTC 2009

Curious as to how you pass the verified email address using SREG (since
the spec doesn't allow for this). Do you just assume that if the RP asks
for the opeid.sreg.email that the RP want's the verified email address
and the user has no choice about supplying a different email address?

I know for me, that depending on the site I'm logging into with my
OpenID, I might not want to use the verified email address attached to
the OpenID. I tend to use different email addresses for different
purposes, and forcing me to use the verified email address on my OpenID
would "pollute" that separation I'm trying to maintain:)

That said, I'm all for supporting verified email in SREG, I think we
just need an extension so that the RP can specify specifically whether
it wants a user selected email address? or the OP verified email address
for the user.

Thanks,
George