Problem using delegated identity

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:47:31 UTC 2009

I'm not sure this is the best place for this kind of discussion, but we can
certainly work through it see what we come up with.
It does look like the sites you mentioned are using Janrain's RPX service:

http://rpxnow.com

Your delegation looks okay for the most part. I'm unclear whether RPX is
prioritizing the <link />-based delegation or directing grabbing your XRDS
profile.

In either case, it looks like you have a duplicate tag for the
X-XRDS-Location. Try removing these tags:

/>

/>

You already specified this earlier in the document:

http://ahmad.gharbeia.org/yadis.xrds" />

and the later URLs seem to return an empty document.

Chris

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Ahmad Gharbeia <gharbeia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm having trouble using delegated OpenID identity with some, but not
> all, of the websites which claim to support OpenID.
>
> I'm unable to log in to demand.openid.net nor wiki.openid.net with my
> delegated OpenID [ahmad.gharbeia.org], which I use to log in to many
> other sites, including pibb.com and many others.
>
> Needless to say, I can log-in, if I enter the delegated provider's URI
> directly, so it seems to be a problem in my delegation code, or these
> consumers are unable to handle delegates.
>
> I thought it was a v2.0 vs v1.1 issue so I changed the delegate
> announcement to another which is 1.1 only, but still I get:
> "failed for the OpenID you entered" for the first, and "Authentication
> error; not a valid OpenID." for the second.
>
> I tried several identity providers as delegates.
>
> I'm unable to use with some other services as well, like scrapplet.com
> and idntiti.com, both of which seems to be using the same log-in applet
>
> Any insights?
>
> Regards,
> Ahmad

Chris Messina