w3c usable authentication mailing list

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Jan 11 22:59:41 UTC 2009

Joseph A Holsten wrote:
 > I just stumbled across a mailing list for usable
 > authn at the w3c:
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-usable-auth
 > entication/
 >
 > Is anyone here also there? Notice any ways to combine
 > efforts?

I am on both lists, or was.  Both lists are rather
ideological with contrary ideologies.  One lot wants
to turn the environment completely upside down, one
lot wants to keep key and important technologies that
seem inherently doomed to fail miserably. One hypes
its radicalism while proposing minuscule patches and
impractical work arounds, one hypes its moderation,
while proposing to change everything.