[step2] Re: OpenID UI Extension - Draft 0.1 (formerly known as the Popup Extension)

Breno de Medeiros breno at google.com
Thu Feb 19 19:55:59 UTC 2009

Thanks, Allen. This sounds like a good compromise between extensibility and
simplicity.

One concern in terms of writing is that it may not clear that you can use
either feature independently or in combination (the language preference and
the window style), which I know is your intention. But I am not sure if a
different factoring of the text where both features are shown as optional
will contribute to better understanding or complicate things.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Allen Tom <atom at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Here's the link to the draft:
>
> http://wiki.openid.net/f/openid_ui_extension_draft01.html
>
> Allen
>
> Allen Tom wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Based on feedback from Draft 0 of the Popup Extension, we''ve revised
> > the draft to include the user's language preference, and renamed it the
> > UI Extension.
> >
> > The UI Extension defines an OpenID Authentication UI Mode called "popup"
> > which is intended to run inside a 450x500 popup window. OPs MAY resize
> > the popup window if needed, but resizing the window is discouraged (at
> > least in the normal cases)  in order to keep the UI consistent.
> >

> > The UI Extension also defines a new parameter called openid.ui.lang
> > which is allows the RP to pass the OP a hint about the user's preferred
> > language. The format of the value is identical to AX's language
> > preference attribute.
> >
> > Comments and feedback are welcomed and appreciated,
> >
> > Thanks
> > Allen

--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk