OpenID + Single Signon

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Dec 10 03:30:34 UTC 2009

Hi Justin,

Congratulations on the new job.

It sounds like what you want to do is to have the JS layer initiate a
checkid_immediate request to the OP to automatically sign in the user. The
JS should first check to see if the user is sign in locally, and if not, the
JS can send a request to the OP to try to authenticate the user. If the user
is still not authenticated when the response returns, then the user is not
signed into the OP.

Hope that helps,
Allen