OpenID + Single Signon

jDavid jdavid.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 02:05:02 UTC 2009

I just accepted a new job with Unity ( unity3d.com ), and we are
looking into single sign on solutions for our community applications.
Right now we are using phpBB, wordpress, uservoice, stackexchange, and
there is a community supported mediawiki site out there too.

openID currently works on wordpress, uservoice, stackexchange and
there is partial support in mediawiki, however if there is phpBB
openID support, it's marginal at best. so, OpenID does seem attractive
to use.

I want to provide a clean experience for a user to cross through all
of these domains, and if unity3d.com were an openID provider it seems
viable to have our users log into these other sites with their
Unity#OpenID. I would also think with a little bit of well thought out
Javascript that i could auto sign in an individual automatically if
they were already signed in at the base domain. Has anyone else worked
in this problem space? are there any examples of a working solution
out there?

Justin Kruger -- Sr. Social Media Software Engineer -
San Francisco, CA

http://jDavid.net
http://twitter.com/jdavid

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdavid

jDavid.net at gmail.com

Anton Freeman: Vincent! How are you doing this Vincent? How have you
done any of this? We have to go back.
Vincent: It's too late for that. We're closer to the other side.
Anton Freeman: What other side? You wanna drown us both?
Vincent: You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton. I
never saved anything for the swim back.