[OpenID] [QUAR] Re: Independent study on OpenID awareness using Mechanical Turk

Marc Canter marc at broadbandmechanics.com
Tue Nov 18 15:42:45 UTC 2008

This is a subject which was touched upon at the latest IIW.

I also stressed that OpenID has to EITHER:

- step up and take on the responsibilities of being a brand which is a full
solution to end users
- or step back and help a collection of technologies become the solution

Because OpenID by itself is just a piece of the puzzle and will never be a
complete colution to the ID requirements of users.  So any test, feedback,
survey, study you do - will keep coming back with the same answers *"what's
OpenID?"  or  "How come I can't................[insert any final end-user
slution here]*"

So this is a juncture point for OpenID.  IMHO

:-)