OpenID Accessibility

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 06:10:22 UTC 2008

I think in this case you may be starting at the wrong end.

Rather than thinking "how can we use AX to transmit accessibility
information" we should be starting with what problem we're trying to solve.

Therefore I'd like to suggest that we figure out what practical problems
exist today accessibility-wise and only then try to figure out whether
OpenID can solve those problems. A good place to start would be to try
to get some accessibility experts involved in this discussion, since I
don't think any of "us" (the active posters on the OpenID mailing lists;
I'm not sure who's on diso-project) are really qualified to be doing
this. Do correct me if I'm wrong, of course!

It's probably worth reaching out to the folks in W3C's WAI group, who
have done lots of research into the problems various folks have with the
web, and are familiar with various kinds of assistive technologies and
so on.