Login with another OpenID

Sam Alexander sam.alexander at vidoop.com
Fri Jan 18 03:19:45 UTC 2008

Takeru,

We ran up against this use case in our testing, we came to the same
conclusion:

- User is logged into our OP with john.openid.com
- User attempts to login to rp.com with jill.openid.com
- User is redirected to our OP with the jill.openid.com identifier as
payload
- We display a message that says "You are currently logged in as
john, please log out first."

I agree, this should be a best practice for the OP.

I don't think that _automatically_ logging the user out is the
correct solution (for instance, they may just just mistyped their
username). Showing them who they are logged in as, then giving them
the option to log out and log in as the second user works well.

-Sam