Any PHP library that does NOT require PEAR?

Sam Alexander sam.alexander at vidoop.com
Fri Feb 1 17:12:38 UTC 2008

Ivo,

The PEAR requirement of the JanRain libraries is to maximize
compatibility across a wide range of DB configurations.

Actually, though, there are only two PEAR packages that are needed
get the PHP libraries up and running.  If you go to pear.php.net, you
can download and install both the PEAR package [1] and the DB package
[2] and extract them to a directory where they can be found by the
OpenID libraries (and where they can find each other).

It doesn't really matter if your hosting environment has PEAR support
compiled in or not.  The libraries can just sorta be downloaded and
dropped wherever you need them.  :)  This is one of the strengths of
PEAR, you can download the libraries yourself, just have them
available in an include path.

other questions, its where alot of us developers/implementors hang out.

-Sam

[1] http://pear.php.net/package/PEAR/download
[2] http://pear.php.net/package/DB/download