[OpenID] FB Connect, OpenID and UX

Eric Norman ejnorman at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 15 23:51:27 UTC 2008

On Dec 15, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Martin Atkins wrote:

> I agree that it'd be useful to do some real user testing here and see
> how many folks will happily give away their Facebook credentials to
> anyone who asks. Does anyone in the community have the resources to do
> such testing?

Studies about credential sharing have been done.  I remember one
done at Dartmouth where they found that 75% (I think?) of users
shared their passwords and that some were willing to reveal their
password for a candy bar.  I'm sorry I couldn't find a good
reference for you.  There's some information at
http://www.passwordresearch.com/stats/statistic239.html

There also seem to be quite a bit of other research at this site.

Eric Norman