Again: What's the good in OpenID for me?

Paul Sheldrake paul.sheldrake at livingblueprint.com
Mon Dec 8 20:51:51 UTC 2008

Hi Márcio,

I think the problem you're describing is that you already have these
accounts made and in turn they all have their own unique OpenID.   From
what I can understand there isn't a way to 'merge' or set an existing
openID to another one(If there is my bad, I'm not super knowledgeable
about OpenID).

If you started from a blank slate and signed up for Google's OpenID and
then used that to signup for all the other accounts then you'd be set
and this statement would be true "OpenID eliminates the need for
multiple usernames across different websites, simplifying your online
experience."   Then you could just use your Google OpenID for everything...

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are in the same position that you
are, myself included.

Cheers,
Paul