The CardSpace factor

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Feb 16 21:20:53 UTC 2007

George,

If you're nominating "public personal identifier" as the name of a proposed
CardSpace attribute for an OpenID URL or XRI representing an individual on a
self-asserted card, I like it. It's a perfect counterpoint to the current
"private personal identifier" claim, which is really for internal CardSpace
use.

And I agree 100% on the value proposition of a public personal identifier
(says he whose blog is nameed EqualsDrummond ;-)

The only downside is that both end out with the initials PPID. Maybe the
public one could be PUBPID?

=Drummond