The CardSpace factor

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:10:27 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Kaliya * <Kaliya at mac.com> wrote:

> > I would also suggest that CardSpace as it exists today is a
> > Microsoft-developed solution -- and hasn't been kissed by the scrutiny
> > of the open source community.
>
> The folks working on Higgins, Bandit and OSIS are working on actually
> building Open Source implementations of CardSpace.

...which is all fine and well, and CardSpace is a compelling UI
paradigm, but it's not the only one.

I've talked the Higgins folks and they haven't developed any of their
own UI concepts... I don't know about Bandit or OSIS, but I would like
to make sure that we do due diligence and innovate on user experience
in these matters... I'd hate for open source to follow Microsoft's
design lead... *yet again*.

Chris

--
Chris Messina