OpenID User Experiences found in the wild

Mike Ozburn mike.ozburn at onya.biz
Thu Nov 9 13:40:41 UTC 2006

This is a great beginning.  It seems that we really need to begin to
capture some "best practices" for implementing OpenID to help everyone
(consumers, providers, relying parties, etc. etc.) get a handle on how
to help roll this out.  It seems to me that regardless of any
"community" efforts, the introduction of OpenID, and its benefits or
pitfalls, is going to occur on a "service by service" or "site by site"
basis.  The more we can do to help these individual sites and services
"do it consistently" or "do it right," the smoother the introduction and
adoption.

Does that make sense?  Does that sound overly "centralized?"  Does
anyone have some examples you would point to that might give us a good
roadmap from a "marketing" perspective.

I think this is an important aspect to the OpenID marketing plan, even
though it may seem like we are still very early in the process.  In our
world I think the old adage still holds true:  "you only get one chance
to make a 'first' impression."

Is this a different topic for a different string?

mike