Users on Public Computers

Chris Drake christopher at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 02:51:15 UTC 2006

Hi Johannes,

I proposed a solution to the "single sign out" problem a month or two
ago.

In fact - a whole range of solutions have been proposed, and relative
merits of all discussed already - does anyone have the free time to go
back over the postings, extract all the knowledge & contributions, and
document them all?

To summarize my proposal - I was seeking a standardized OpenID RP
endpoint interface into which I (as an IdP) or a software agent (eg: a
browser plugin) could "post" user information - be this a login
request, email change request, log-out request, account signup,
account cancelation, or whatever.  My preferred implementation was a
<LINK> tag placed on (and thus identifying) a login page, and within
the link tag, the endpoint of the RP for accepting IdP(OP/agent)
input.

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake