user experience discussions?

Joshua Viney josh at eastmedia.com
Sun Nov 5 04:59:51 UTC 2006

I just joined this list a few days ago and am very interested in
pursuing discussions about OpenID UX. One very active discussion
group having to do with UX and Interaction design is  the IxDA
mailing list at IxDa.org. The list includes many of the top
interaction design and information architecture professionals in web
and software design. Recently there was a very active discussion re:
best practices regarding login and whether email addresses or
usernames are easier for users. It may be a a very good place to
introduce OpenID.

On another topic, does anyone have access to usability research
resources re: single-sign-on or user issues with traditional login/
sign in? Have there been any qualitative usability studies run on
OpenID implementations? If not, there may be room to introduce OpenID
to usability professionals and academics. I know Jakob Nielsen posted
some positive opinions about single-sign-on and the potential of
implementations like Passport about 5 years ago on useit.com. The
original usability issues against login/sign in and registration
processes may have been put on the back-burner as the original
solutions failed to materialize, but it might be time to see if we
can get their help bringing it back to the forefront.

Josh Viney
http://www.eastmedia.com -- EastMedia
http://identity.eastmedia.com -- OpenID, Identity 2.0