Login dialog strawman based on IIW discussion

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 00:37:26 UTC 2006

I agree. Furthermore, I think that the standard we work towards should
work for all "novel" login systems... not just OpenID, though to begin
with, of course, the branding will be around OpenID.

Let me put it this way. Apple has done a tremendous job, IMHO, of
unifying application authentication and user logins. And, I might add,
there's a lot to learn from their work.

Furthermore, as we see a melting away of the distinction between
desktop and the web (and other access ports), the solutions we build
will need to accommodate these situations and devices as well. What
better way to begin thinking about them to look at what's being done
on the desktop?

Start here:

http://elfurl.com/lgjf9
http://elfurl.com/e54q7

There is sample screenshots at both of those destinations as well as a
nomenclature and structure that should help us to think about the
clarity of presentation and topic areas we need to address, given
various audiences.

Thoughts? Anyone know anybody at Apple who might have something to add?

Chris