Login dialog strawman based on IIW discussion

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 04:25:10 UTC 2006

Johannes,

This is a great start to begin the conversation with. I appreciate you
taking the time to put these together.

I would ask that we also consider the pre- and post-conditional states
for this UI (i.e. where someone was before arriving and what happens
after they login).

Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, we need a solution that
survives under various fidelities -- that is, is accessible not just
to javascript-enabled browsers loaded up on your desktop PC, but also
that work on cell phones and other devices where the best we can hope
for is an HTML rendering engine. Under such circumstances, how can we
still consistently maintain an OpenID user experience? And, on the
flip side, as technology allows, how can we enhance the experience
without creating confusion over the authenticity of the protocol or
implementation?

Chris