Allowing sites to renew information

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Thu Sep 28 09:28:27 UTC 2006

Dick Hardt wrote:
> Gerv: did this address your use case?

Yes, I think this provides enough flexibility in terms of having the
target site get updated data. I just wanted not to have to update every
site when my details change.

Although I note that OpenID does not provide a full address (or even
shipping and billing addresses), merely a postcode. In most countries,
including the UK, a postcode does not normally identify a single house.
Is this by design?

One more thought: there is a "preferred username" field. It would be
nice if this could be a comma-separated list, in order of priority, or
if sending multiple instances of the field was allowed. Again, apologies
if the spec allows this and I haven't noticed.

Gerv