Request for comments: Sorting fields in signature generation

Barry Ferg barry at sxip.com
Wed Sep 27 16:55:16 UTC 2006

Johannes, if as you say "many people do this kind of thing in many
circumstances", why limit their ability to do so in this
circumstance?  This proposal doesn't _force_ anyone to us multiple
parameters with the same name.  I'm in favour of keeping the
specification flexible by not imposing unnecessary restrictions on
future extensions to the protocol.

For that matter, isn't having implementation issues in certain
restrictive development environments drive the specification kind of
like the tail wagging the dog?