Allowing sites to renew information

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Tue Sep 26 22:45:04 UTC 2006

Having watched a Simon Willison presentation on OpenID, I had the
following idea, which I present for your consideration:

If you log in to a site using OpenID, and it requests access to your
information (e.g. postcode) using the Simple Registration Extension, and
you grant it, then it should be possible for the site to re-get that
information at the time of any future login without needing to ask you.

This solves the "I've moved; now I need to update my address preferences
with 40 different e-commerce sites by hand" problem.

If this is possible at the moment, my apologies for wasting your time.
Please CC me on any replies; I am not subscribed to the list.

Gerv