[VOTE] Portable Identifier Support Proposal (patch)

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Mon Oct 23 04:51:17 UTC 2006

-1 for these reasons:

Complexity: There is no reason for the RP to be managing the binding
between the IdP and the portable identifier. Both the IdP and the RP
are verifying this. There is no extra security, and more things to go
wrong in an implementation.

Privacy: There is no reason for the RP to know I am using a portable
identifier instead of one managed directly by the IdP

I'm not sure we are all on the same page on requirements, so I will
write up a little summary about that and some conclusions.

I know many  of you wish this issue was over, but we do need to do
this one right.

-- Dick