OpenID.net Service Type Namespaces

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Sun Oct 22 02:33:50 UTC 2006

I am very supportive of an HTTP GET retrieving the specification.

I think there are some issues with putting the date in the URL:

1) the URL is unknown until the spec is completed. Any
implementations being done during the specification then have a
moving target. The URL is embedded in the Yadis document and I can
see it causing some headaches for people that it is not fixed until
the end.

2) the grouping is by time instead of by specification. If I want to
see all versions of a specification, it is not obvious

Currently we have:
	http://openid.net/signon/1.0
	http://openid.net/signon/1.1
	http://openid.net/server/2.0
	http://openid.net/signon/2.0
	http://openid.net/identifier_select/2.0

Given that the 1.x ones are already there, I would recommend we keep
using that scheme.

-- Dick