OpenID.net Service Type Namespaces

Granqvist, Hans hgranqvist at verisign.com
Fri Oct 20 22:39:52 UTC 2006

It has had some voices against it, but how about considering
this template (used in for example W3C xmldsig and
xmlenc):

    http://openid.net/[year]/[month]/[project]#[type]

Time-dependent (rather than version--dependent) namespaces
can evolve freely and will not be tied down to specific
versioning numbers.

Example:
    http://openid.net/2006/10/authentication
    http://openid.net/2006/10/authentication#signon

It's cool if an HTTP GET on these links returns the
specification.

Once a spec is finalized, the then current year/month
becomes that spec's namespace. For example, xmlenc's
namespace is http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc

Hans