IdP assisting user to present previous identifier

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Thu Oct 19 07:19:12 UTC 2006

I expect I will have a number of OpenIDs, as well as lots of directed
identities. I would like my IdP to keep track of which identity I use
at what RP. I may forget which public identifier I used at a site,
and type in the wrong one, and end up creating a new account and be
confused. I may have used a directed identity, and forget and type in
a public one, and then once again be creating a new account and be
confused.

I would like my IdP to be able to suggest which identifier I want to
be in situations where I am using a different one from what I used in
the past. This means that the following from:

	http://www.lifewiki.net/openid/ConsolidatedDelegationProposal

IdP Rules for Identifier Parameters

1. IdP MUST ALWAYS return the value of openid.identity sent by RP.

would need to be changed so that the IdP can send a different
identifier then what was sent by the RP.