PROPOSAL: OpenID Form Clarification (A.4)

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Thu Oct 19 03:58:26 UTC 2006

In my view, it is because the authentication protocol can proceed with
no problems if this field is named something different.  As things won't
break, as far as the protocol is concerned, this would also be nearly
impossible to enforce or justify.  It is easy to tell a developer to fix
how they're creating signatures, authentication transactions do not
complete, but enforcing convention around form fields seems difficult at
best.  I'd imagine that if a RP does not follow this recommendation then
a rich client should treat it as not being a relying party.

--David