Question: multiple IdPs?

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Wed Oct 18 20:32:40 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Dick Hardt <dick at sxip.com> wrote:
> Thanks Drummond, but what if I am using HTML-based discovery? (that
> is what I am going to use in my vanity domain, much easier to implement)
>
> http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-2_0-10.html#html_disco

HTML discovery is in there solely for compatibility. From the spec:

  If a Relying Party locates an IdP using HTML-based discovery, it
MUST use OpenID
  Authentication 1.1 Compatibility when communicating with that IdP.

This is because you would otherwise not know whether to use OpenID 1
or 2. Yadis has an explicit type, so it's not a problem.

Josh