openid.identifier vs openid.identity

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 07:39:07 UTC 2006

Dick Hardt wrote:
> Given that the spec uses the word identifier throughout, it would
> make sense that the parameter would be called that.
>
> Perhaps in changing what the parameter contains, we can rename it,
> and keep openid.identity for backward compatibility?

I think this a good idea, but I'm unsure as to specifically what you are
changing here. Are you talking about the link rel=""? And if so, isn't
that now being replaced by Yadis discovery?

I think we've got a lot of work to do if we want to change *all*
instances of "identity" to "identifier" (where that change is
appropriate, of course.)