Summarizing Where We're At

Chris Drake christopher at pobox.com
Mon Oct 16 02:08:42 UTC 2006

Hi David,

What is the rush for?  There's a lot of unhappy people here due to
missing protocol elements.

I for one believe the lack of privacy considerations is an entire
OpenID "killer".

Is there a reason why you've omitted my IdP-initiated login proposal
from your short list (also known as "bookmark login url discovery")?

If you're not convinced of the importance of privacy - read your own
IdP home page: http://pip.verisignlabs.com/

 " Verify your identity without compromising your privacy with PIP,
   the personal identity management system from VeriSign. "

Verisign chose Privacy as *the* most important and critical feature
that their IdP should support - does your PIP service plan to *use*
OpenID, and if so, how do you propose to handle privacy problems (eg:
RP's collaborating about users behind their backs) ?

Imposing an arbitrary time limit will result in an incomplete spec.

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake