IdP-initiated authentication & OpenID-enabled bookmarks

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Fri Oct 6 20:20:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 12:30 -0700, Drummond Reed wrote:

> In other words, can a user just login to their IdP/i-broker, lthen
> follow “OpenID-enabled bookmarks” they have stored there to be
> directly logged in to sites where the user has logged in before?

[...]

> (I suspect this may be part of the “bare message” thread but I confess
> as to not being fully up-to-speed on that issue.)

Yes, I think that is the most compelling case for the "bare response"
proposal.
(although there are still unresolved conflicts in my head between that
proposal and request nonces.)

I don't recall offhand what the tally on that is.  But if it doesn't
pass, then no, this feature would not be in the OpenID 2.0 core spec,
and thus may or may not work in the wild.

One can imagine adding that on later, but if it doesn't go in core then
it'll have to be something that RPs opt in to, and may not be supported
universally.  (which might work out okay.)