What is delegation for? (was Re: Wrapping Up Proposals)

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Oct 4 04:55:54 UTC 2006

Jonathan,

The small handful of use cases I had in mind were blown up by Kevin's
reminder that the XRDS documents that handle the mappings are easily
publicly discoverable anyway.

So I think this effectively removes privacy as an issue with Josh's
proposal, i.e., if the mappings are going to be hidden, then it's the IdP
that will need to do the hiding on behalf of the user (as is already the
case with the directed identity feature in 2.0).

Objection withdrawn. (I'm completing a more exhaustive analysis of Josh's
proposal on other factors that I hope to be able to send tonight.)

=Drummond