[Openid-specs-risc] Decision about interop profile

Atul Tulshibagwale atul.tulshibagwale at crowdstrike.com
Tue Aug 4 18:02:01 UTC 2026


Hi all,
Based on a question Yair asked on Slack, we discussed this issue within the
WG today:

   - We had previously agreed to drop the subject requirements from the
   interop spec, but the spec still includes them. Should we change the
   interop spec now?

The consensus on the call was that we should not, because of the following
points (copied below from the notes
<https://github.com/openid/sharedsignals/wiki/WG-Meeting:-2026%E2%80%9008-03#interop-spec-issue>
):

   - (Atul) I believe we should not change the spec at this time because
   the WG agreed to propose this as the final spec after a 15 day review.
   - (Sean) This is a basic requirement, we can live with it.
   - (Thomas) We can always expand later to include other types, such as
   "complex"
   - (Gail) It will be wise to leverage the interop work done to date and
   proceed with it.

If anyone thinks we should change the interop profile (even after
considering the 1 month + delay in finalizing the spec), please respond to
this email.

Thanks,
Atul
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-risc/attachments/20260804/486e4982/attachment.htm>


More information about the Openid-specs-risc mailing list