[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Account porting within the same OP

Manger, James James.H.Manger at team.telstra.com
Fri Jun 1 07:44:54 UTC 2018

>> The Account Porting spec also defines a "remove" member to indicate if
the RP should remove or keep the old sub in addition to the
>> new sub. So an array of {sub, remove} pairs might be better, or perhaps
we can assume {remove:true} for the New OP = Old OP case?

> That's not in the ID token anymore, but only in the answers of the porting
> check API after presenting the enc_port_token there, if I understand it
> correctly.
> Thus, if we remain in this use case, there's no need to change those API
> answers, because when New OP = Old OP there's no enc_port_token around.

When the OP says "here is a new and old sub for this user", do you want the RP to replace the old sub with the new one in the RP's account DB? Or do you want them to have old & new as two acceptable subs? Or, rephrasing, will the OP always use the new sub from now on, or is there some reason it might use either in subsequent logins? This is what the "remove" member conveys. It seems equally applicable whether the OP delivers the old sub  from the port_check_endpoint or in the id_token.

--
James Manger