[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] CIBA Issues Review: Feedback for #62

nicolas.aillery at orange.com nicolas.aillery at orange.com
Mon Mar 12 13:23:12 UTC 2018

Hello Petteri,

   I don’t think it’s a good idea to offer an interface to the user so that he can enter a MSISDN of his choice and trigger a challenge on the device corresponding to the MSISDN. Adding an antispam code is an approach, that is a pre-authentication of the user based on a secret shared amongst the user, all his apps and his MNO. It implies trust in all apps.
   If this pre-authentication is necessary for security, why don’t standardize we it, by saying that CIBA is a second factor authentication after a first factor that is a login/password (or MSISDN/user_code) authentication?

Regards,
Nicolas