[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Final Euro Retail Payments Board (ERPB) Report

Dave Tonge dave.tonge at momentumft.co.uk
Wed May 31 15:04:50 UTC 2017

Dear list members,

Please see the attached ERPB Report on Payment Initiation Services. As
discussed in both the FAPI and MODRNA working groups, the report defines 3
approaches to the application of "strong customer authentication":

*Embedded*: the personal security credentials of the payment service user
> (PSU) (e.g. user ID, One Time Password (OTP)) will be transmitted to the
> ASPSP by the TPP.
> *Redirection*: the PSU is redirected to the ASPSP’s website for the sole
> purpose of its authentication, and is then redirected back to the PISP’s
> website.
> *Decoupled:* SCA takes place via a dedicated device and/or app.

The current FAPI spec supports the "redirection" approach and we are
exploring using the MODRNA CIBA spec to support the "decoupled" approach.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this report.

Thanks

Dave

--
Dave Tonge
CTO

Moneyhub Enterprise is a trading style of Momentum Financial Technology
Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority ("FCA"). Momentum Financial Technology is entered on the
Financial Services Register (FRN 561538) at fca.org.uk/register. Momentum
Financial Technology is registered in England & Wales, company registration
number 06909772 © . Momentum Financial Technology Limited 2016. DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is subject to copyright, and the
information in it is confidential. Use of this email or of any information
in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful. Whilst
reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any attachments are virus-free,
it is the recipient's sole responsibility to scan all attachments for
viruses. All calls and emails to and from this company may be monitored and
recorded for legitimate purposes relating to this company's business. Any
opinions expressed in this email (or in any attachments) are those of the
author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Momentum Financial
Technology Limited or of any other group company.