[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] [E] Re: [Openid-specs-fapi] FYI: OpenID Implementer’s Drafts of Four MODRNA Specifications Approved

Hjelm, Bjorn Bjorn.Hjelm at VerizonWireless.com
Mon May 15 19:55:47 UTC 2017

Tom,
Thanks for taking the time to review the draft(s). First, John should be able to help set you up to get access to bitbucket to allow you to submit items for the issue tracker.

Second, are your comments against Client Initiated Backchannel Authentication, User Questioning API, both, or another of the four specifications that were approved as Implementer’s Draft?

BR,
Bjorn

From: Tom Jones [mailto:thomasclinganjones at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 12:16 PM
To: Hjelm, Bjorn; Nat Sakimura
Subject: Re: [E] Re: [Openid-specs-fapi] FYI: OpenID Implementer’s Drafts of Four MODRNA Specifications Approved

I finally got time to review one of the documents, questioning, and went to the bitbucket site, only to find access denied.

My first problem was how to understand the spec at all with no overall architecture or threat model data flow diagram.
I take it that the doc is oriented to a phone company client residing on a user's smart phone?
I have some real problems with this from the user perspective.
The spec addresses privacy as tho it was only the user private information that was under attack.
The reality is that user attention is also precious and needs to be under user control.
This spec does not address the acquisition of user consent to receive any of the messages, or to control which one can be supplied.
That would required a set of (claims?) that the user can consent to receive.

Nat, the same comments would apply to notices from any FI. I consent to receive some SMS from my various FIs and am given a good measure of control about which and how often.
We need that as well as inclusion of user attention in any privacy statement.
..tom