[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] CIBA Review

charles.marais at orange.com charles.marais at orange.com
Thu Nov 24 23:30:34 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I reviewed the current CIBA specification. Attached are my detailed
comments.

The main points I'd like to highlight are the following :

- It would be very useful to get a dedicated chapter detailing
explicitely the Use Cases for which CIBA specification should be used.
We did this in UQ spec and I think it is important to have the same
thing in CIBA in order to be able to identify clearly the similarities
and differences between UQ and CIBA. These chapter would be useful for
RP to choose which spec they need for their Use Cases !

- The (re)introduction of the "context" parameter is ambiguous for me
and furthermore with a "required" flag . Why (or in which Use Case - see
previous remark) do you need to introduce this parameter ? Do You have
examples in mind as "context" value ?

- There are a lot of references to OAuth 2.0 or OpenID Connect Core
specs but in several context, nothing similar exist in both specs. For
example (but it is just one example), the way to push notification in
case of error is completely new so it seems to be difficult to refer to
OAuth and OpenID Connect specs.

- In my understanding, we agreed in Paris that the
client_notification_endpoint would be preregistered and consequently not
transmitted as a parameter in the first request.

Looking forward to having your comments on these remarks,

BR,
Charles.
--

*MARAIS Charles *