[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Account porting: draft -01: New OP encrypting port_token: port_token_plain

Manger, James James.H.Manger at team.telstra.com
Tue Sep 27 00:18:33 UTC 2016

Hi Arne,
> Section 3. port_token vs port_token_plain:
> Do we need both flows?
The idea was to avoid the encrypt/decrypt complexity when public (not pairwise) subs were being used. Thinking about it more, that only works if both Old and New OPs use public subs. Even if the Old OP uses public subs, it should still use port_token_plain (to be encrypted/decrypted) in case the New OP uses pairwise subs — and the Old OP doesn’t really know what type of subs the New OP will use.

So I agree we should drop the port_token option from the port_data endpoint.

> port_token_plain … Can we call it port_token_seed, perhaps?

…_seed doesn’t have quite the right connotation to me. How about:
port_token (renaming port_token_plain in port_data_endpoint response); and
enc_port_token (renaming port_token in aka member)?

--
James Manger