[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Notes from Moderna Aug 24

GONZALO FERNANDEZ RODRIGUEZ gonzalo.fernandezrodriguez at telefonica.com
Fri Sep 2 13:35:21 UTC 2016

Hi John,

First of all many thanks for the minutes.

The las Wednesday we were talking about this draft in the GSMA meeting with operators and Mickäel Vasselet from Orange suggested to use the response_mode instead of the scope value openidserver for signalling the flow. I read the spec and it says

response_mode
OPTIONAL. Informs the Authorization Server of the mechanism to be used for returning parameters from the Authorization Endpoint. This use of this parameter is NOT RECOMMENDED when the Response Mode that would be requested is the default mode specified for the Response Type.

In our last call, John suggested to use a new response_type instead of a scope value, so I think we can define a default mode for the new response_type that returns id_token and access_token. Is this ok?, Anyone would like suggesting a name for the new response_type?

Best,
Gonza.