[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Twitter didgits

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Thu Oct 23 04:42:19 UTC 2014

To some extent, it was WhatsApp taught the world that huge numbers of
people are happy to be known by their phone number and not much else.

On the other hand, the new hotness in Enterprise chat is called Slack
and it’s really very good.  It has a traditional login flow but when
you’re trying to do login/password on your mobile device it pops up
and says “Would it be easier if we just emailed you a PIN?” and it
usually is.  So email isn’t dead.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Adam Dawes <adawes at google.com> wrote:
> That's my read too. Twitter's partial answer to Facebook's Parse. We think
> this is interesting and shows the trend away from email centric accounts.
>
> -------
> sent from my hand phone
>
> On Oct 22, 2014 12:51 PM, "John Bradley" <ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know anything about this?
>>
>> https://dev.twitter.com/products/digits
>>
>> It seems like a simple on-boarding service that confirms a phone number by
>> SMS,  but I may be missing something.
>>
>> John B.

- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)